27 November, 2012

Book Review: Yours Is the Day, Lord, Yours Is the Night

I've been doing book reviews now for several years, and I always knew this day was coming... and dreaded it. This is the first time I've read a book that I just flat out did not like anything about. I've put off writing my review for more than a month, thinking I could find something good to say about this book, but I simply cannot find anything. Maybe it is just personal taste. Maybe someone else would find this book amazing. But the truth is that I struggled to read it. In fairness, it is a devotional (of sorts) and is not meant to be read in one sitting. But I got nothing from this, other than turned off. The authors have compiled prayers that various people have prayed throughout the years (including their own prayers) and somehow this is supposed to be uplifting and inspiring. Again, it may work for some readers, but to me, it gets a hearty two thumbs down. It seems to me that someone was trying to simply throw together a book in order to meet a deadline and make a quick buck, but this one is a dust collector.

No comments: